Saturday, June 19, 2010

We're a team!

Jim and I graduated this afternoon! I can't believe how quickly these three weeks have gone! It's been an amazing journey, and today marked a great end to it.
I got to meet all of my puppy raisers, which was great! All three of them are such wonderful people, and I can't thank them enough for all that they've done to raise Jim! They all said such great things about how glad they were that I'd gotten him, and that we were a great team together. Jim has had some great adventures, he went to Big Bear, and various other places in California. he hasn't flown before, so this will be a new experience, but I think he's up to the challenge and will do fine.
After I met my raisers, we had the graduation and everyone gave a brief speach. It was a great time and I really enjoyed listening to my classmates and their puppy raisers.
Once graduation was over, my raisers and I were interviewed by National Geographic for a special they're doing about working dogs. I was asked about getting Jim, my experiences at GDB, and some general questions about what it's like working with a guide dog. My puppy raisers were asked what it was like raising Jim, and whether it was difficult to give him up. I think the interview went well, and the program should be on sometime next year. I will be sure to update and let you know whenit's on!
It was a great day, and now, Jim and I are a team and ready to go home and begin our life together! I am so excited and I will certainly update you all on our progress!
Thanks for following my blog! I really appreciate it, and I'll have my Mom help me add some pictures here when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment