Friday, June 11, 2010

Hello from Union Square!

Hi Everyone,
I'm sitting outside in the sun on public wireless in Union Square in San Francisco writing this entry on my macbook. Jim and I just finished a route downtown and he did great. His major issue was sniffing, and I think that's something we're going to have to work on as a team, but over all, I was really impressed with his work. We worked on a BART platform, and he did everything I asked of him. He was good at sticking close to the center and never went near the edge, despite my prompts for him to do so. He was praised and given kible for doing so well!
We also did some practice inside stores and he was great at working through the aisles. Again, I was very proud of him.
I know I've said this before, but I just love San Francisco so much! It's a very vibrant place, with a lot going on, but it's also got this calm quality to it that you just don't see on the east coast. People are friendly, people don't yell every time you fail to "Stand right, walk left" on an escalator, and they don't act like you holding them up for an extra 30 seconds is the end of the world. At the same time, there's plenty of culture here, and it's just an all around great place to be! My lungs love this climate, as well. I haven't had a single asthma twitch since I've been here, which is truly amazing! I don't remember how long it's been since I went ten days with out an inhailer or nebulizer untilnow. Jim loves it here, too, once he gets into the city he trots and prances, and it's so cute!
It was funny today, because he ran me into a person, I corrected him, and asked the guy, "Do you mind if I rework my dog?" He was all like, "Sure, of course go right ahead," so he stood there and I worked Jim back around him and Jim was a lot less distracted. The guy laughed and asked my instructor and I how things worked, so we explained and he was impressed. It was a nice incounter, and we all enjoyed it. My instructor and I both excercised amazing self control, we love Lush and we managed to walk by the one in Union Square with out going inside! We were so proud of ourselves! :)
Well, I must go, my classmates are back, and I think we're almost ready to load up. I hope everyone's doing well, and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Reading your postings makes me miss California so much. I want to live there so bad, but the cost is astronomical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cost of living is pretty crazy, but it's pretty insane in DC as well. I'm hoping to eventually move out to the bay area and work for corporate. We'll see......

    ReplyDelete