Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Training, day six

I can't believe that Jim and I have been together for a week today. The time has really flown, and I only have another ten days or so until I go home and back to reality. I just can't believe how quickly time is flying here.
Today was yet another great day for Jim and I. In the morning we did a route involving traffic checks where an instructor drives around in a Prius and recreates real traffic situations that we might deal with in our every day lives. Jim did a great job at reading the situations and reacting appropriately by either backing me up, or crossing in front of me to protect me from the cars. In some instances he refused to go because there was a moving car in the intersection. I did a great job at reading the traffic, and my instructor said it was a team effort and that we'd done really well. So that made me feel good!
In the afternoon, we had our vet check ups, and Jim is completely healthy. The vet said "I don't even have an ear infection to tell you about," He said that the only time Jim has been to the vet was for his physicals before class. This, of course, was music to my ears after dealing with two dogs with health issues, I think I might finally have a totally healthy dog at last!
After the vet visit I hung out with some classmates, did some yoga, and relaxed for the rest of the night with my boy. I just can't get over how well he is doing. Most of my classmates have had bad days in training for some reason or other, but I haven't yet. I am sure I will before the three weeks are up, but right now, I can't believe how smoothly and seemlessly things are going. This truly is a wonderful experience, and I am so glad I opted to come here!
I am not sure what we'll be doing tomorrow during the day in terms of routes. In the evening a friend is coming to visit and we'll go get some dinner. I'm looking forward to catching up with my friend, and to getting some pictures of Jim and I. It will also be nice to get off campus for an hour or two. As much as I love it here, it's sometimes nice to have an outing into the "real world" and enjoy a meal with a friend.
Well, we're both exhausted once again, and another day is drawing to a close. Jim is sacked out on his rug in his corner, and I'm lying in my bed beside him. I hope you are all doing well, and thank you for reading about my training adventures! I'll update tomorrow, as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment