Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Training, day 11

Today marked day 11 of training. Jim and I went to Berkeley, worked around the UC Berkeley campus, and went on a very long route in Downtown San Rafael. I think that today was his best day yet; I noticed a lot of improvement in his sniffing and distraction level. He responded to corrections well, and did not need his gentle leader at all today. When we were on campus he did a great job of finding his line and working through paths.
In the afternoon, he worked through a Wholefoods, and a Petco with a lot of success. He followed my instructor beautifuly in the petstore, and did very well in the grocery store when he was surrounded by a great deal of bread and bagles. Again, I was proud of him! We walked all the way back from the east end of San Rafael, under the 101, and worked our way back to the Downtown Lounge, which is on fourth street between F and E. I got him a toy in the petstore, it's a bone with a rope on the end, and he seems to love playing with it. It was his first present from me, and I feel like he deserves it because he's been working very hard for me over the past two weeks. I will have to work him to the petstore at home, to keep his distraction skills up to date.
When we got back, I hung out with some friends, went to an Applebees for dinner, and took it easy for the rest of the evening. I can't believe that I graduate on Saturday afternoon. Just, how'd that happen? It seemed like such a long time, and now my three weeks is winding down. It will be nice to get home, but as I've said before I will miss the Bay Area a great deal, and am already trying to figure out when I might be able to get back here to visit friends.
Well, I think that's about all I've got. Tomorrow we go to the airport and see how that works before we fly home, not sure what's going on for the rest of the day.
I hope everyone's doing well! Thanks for reading, as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment