Friday, June 11, 2010

rest of the day

So the rest of the day went well here. we returned from San Francisco at lunchtime, and did some work in an area with out sidewalks in the afternoon. Basically, when there are no sidewalks to follow, the dog keeps to the left and you follow it's lead. Jim did a great job of keeping me lined up as well as navigating around parked cars. It was great to see him work in this kind of area, and to experience it myself.
After that, we came back and learned how to brush our dog's teeth and clean their ears. Jim didn't much like having his teeth cleaned, but didn't object to the cleaning of his ears, which is great.
After dinner, I went swimming, took a shower, and am now on my patio unwinding from the day. It's been a long but great week, and I feel taht we're just getting better and better as a team. Just now, I was talking to Todd, one of our class supervisors, and he told me that Jim has worked with a lot of instructors, because it took him a while to be matched. They all loved him because he is such a smart and adaptable dog. Lucy, another instructor, told me about having coffee with Jim at a place called Shaky Ground, in San Rafael. She said that people kept coming up and saying what a gorgious dog he was. I've gotten that a few times here as well. I have some pictures, but am not sure how to upload them here. I'll try and figure it out tomorrow, because I'm kind of exhausted at the moment.
I hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment