Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Training day two

Today marked day two of training here in Portland. We practiced the same routes as yesterday, worked in the mall, and also went inside a Starbucks to give Lenore a destination. She did great! She is very focused on her work and responds to commands beautifully. All her street crossings have been perfect, which is very important and a great relief. When we got back to campus we snuggled on the beanbag chair again, she loves this and it's a great place to be together because she's not supposed to be on beds or other furnature, so the beanbag is a wonderful and comfortable thing for us. That's been our favorate place during class so far. She is so cuddly and sweet; she'll just jump in your lap, put her head down, and go to sleep, it's so adorable! I am just falling more in love with her personality every day! She does get a little excitable, but seems easier to control than Jimmy was, we haven't had to take any crazy measures like I did last class just to gain basic control! After a wonderful turkey dinner, we were issued toys for our dogs. She loves her bone, but didn't seem super excited about playing tug tonight. I'm hoping I can warm her up to playing tug, though, because it's a great interactive game that we can easily play in our tiny apartment! :) I think, though, that our major bonding might be done through cuddling, which is great with me! I'm so pleased to have a girl who loves to get and give affection! We're both pretty tired right now, she's sacked out on her bed, and I'm in my chair relaxing before the final relieving and watering time of the evening! Not sure what's in store for tomorrow, I think we have more building work and as always I have great food and great classmates! I'm not blogging about anyone ele for privacy reasons, but I will say that this is a fun group of ladies, and I'll miss them when we all go home in a little under two weeks. That's about all from me! Hope everyone's doing well! Thanks for reading tonight's installment!

No comments:

Post a Comment