Monday, January 30, 2012

It's a girl!

Hi everyone! Well, it was Dog Day here in Oregon! I got a small female yellow lab named Lenore. She's 50 pounds, 22 inches tall, and was born on 2/24/2010. Strangely, she shares a birthday, though not the year, with Steve Jobs. When I pointed this out to one of my instructors who is as much of an Apple fanatic as I am, she said that the match was meant to be, and we had a good laugh. Seriously, though, she's beautiful. I'm told she's a red color, and that her eyes match her coat. Today we just did some basic obedience work, but tomorrow we head into Portland for some guide work in harness. I also chatted with my classmates, and ate great food, which is all part of the experience here. I don't really have much else to write tonight, but I'm pretty tired and have a busy day of training ahead of me tomorrow, so I'm heading to bed. I hope everyone's doing well, and thanks as always for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your first female guide dog! That makes your experience the same ratio as males to females at WPI (and in my group of college friends): 3 to 1. I hope you have as wonderful a training experience as you did with Jim, though I know it will be different. I'm really looking forward to reading all about it.

    ReplyDelete